Your spotlight on local services
Hamburger menu

Find services

Joined Up Care Derbyshire is the ICS (Integrated Care System) covering NHS services in Derby City and Derbyshire. This website has extensive information about local providers, trust, and services available to you as well as advice on medical conditions and where you can seek support.

NHS Choices is the online ‘front door’ to the NHS. It is the country’s biggest health website and gives all the information you need to make choices about your health.

Derby City Council – Are responsible for Derby City social care services etc. Visit their page to find out more about Social Care services in the local area such as social care options for all ages, living with disabilities, or Public Health information and news that affects the local population.

The Care Quality Commission checks all hospitals, dentists, care homes and care services to see if they meet national standards. You can find out what they have to say about these services in your area by visiting their website.

Report a concern directly to them

Public Health England is about helping people to stay healthy, and protecting them from threats to their health. The government wants everyone to be able to make healthier choices, regardless of their circumstances, and to minimise the risk and impact of illness.

Department of Health. As the system leader, DH will be responsible for improving people’s health and wellbeing through its stewardship of the adult social care, public health and NHS systems. The Department will shape and lead the new health and care system but will no longer be the headquarters of the NHS, nor will it directly manage any NHS organisations.

The General Medical Council registers doctors to practise medicine in the UK. Their purpose is to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by ensuring proper standards in the practice of medicine. This is a useful link to a Guide on What to Expect from your Doctor.

Derby and Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group – responsible for planning health services, based on assessing the needs of their local population, buying services that meet those needs, and monitoring the quality of the services and care provided to patients.

Derby Evening Telegraph Health Page for news on local health issues.

Our local trusts: Where you can find the location of Derby and Derbyshire ICS and NHS Trusts

UHDB (University Hospitals of Derby and Burton) – they provide Acute services (ACS) in Derby and Burton, which generally covers medical and/or surgical investigations, diagnosis and treatment for physical illness or condition, injury or disease.

Derby Community Health Services – provide community based health services around Derby and Derbyshire

Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust – is the leading provider of mental health, learning disabilities, substance misuse and Children services in Derby city and Derbyshire county.


Consumer guides to making complaints about health and social care

We know that real change is needed to make the complaints system work for people. But we also know that there are people trying to make complaints or raise concerns today, and they can’t wait for reform. They need help now.

So we have worked with Citizens Advice to produce a series of guides to help you make a complaint or raise a concern.

You can find out more about what’s involved in making a complaint about a particular service and see what your next steps might be.

There are tips and tools such as letter templates and other practical resources to support you to make an effective complaint. You can also contact you local Healthwatch to find out how to get help with making your complaint.

We want to make the system better at listening to what you have to say. But in the meantime, we hope these tools will help get your message heard.

Tips and tools: health service complaints

Tips and tools: adult social care complaints

Using 999 with speech or hearing impairment

The Relay UK service is provided for people who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired as an alternative option for contacting an emergency 999 service. You must register your mobile phone on the emergency-SMS website to be able to use this text service; register your mobile phone now and don’t wait until you need the emergency-SMS service. Please remember, that you will need to re-register if you change your mobile phone number.



Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to find out what is happening.

Email info@